Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Run Around Le Homme Dieu, Part Deux

Sorry for taking so long to get a new blog up.  Don't get too excited, yet.  This one isn't about Nathaniel.

Two years ago, I was training for my first marathon and ran 10 miles for the first time by running around the Lake in Minnesota (my favorite place in the world).  It was a really great experience, and I even blogged about it then.

This year, I ran 11 miles around the Lake.  I felt really strong, and it set the tone for the rest of the trip.  During the entire trip, I was setting personal bests.  The cooler weather probably didn't hurt.  I even did 12 miles in Brookings, SD when I went home for my 20 year reunion (Gasp!  Already?!).   Here are the maps of my two runs.


Actually, I'm really excited to say that my running has been going really well this go around.  Last week, I absolutely blew away my best 8 mile and 13 mile times.  I ran both under a 9:30 min/mile pace, when I used to struggle (and usually failed)  to stay on a 10 min/mile pace.  I'm hoping to report continued improvement in the future.  Stay tuned.

I promise the next blog will feature photos and anecdotes of Nathaniel. :-)

No comments: