Monday, November 10, 2008

Coming Home

Today was my first day home with Nathaniel. The last few days have been like no other, and something I don't think you could ever really prepare yourself for. The labor was not what I had envisioned, but I couldn't be happier with my experience. I had an amazing doctor that I totally trusted and who didn't give up on me when I didn't think I could go on. I also cannot express enough gratitude and appreciation for all the nurses at the hospital. I felt they went well beyond just looking after mine and Nathaniel's health, but became friends that motivated and protected us. I admit it was hard to leave their care.


I also had a lot of support from Christopher and my mother. Christopher was exactly what I needed in a coach and I felt safe with him by my side. My mother was here for a week before I went into labor and was cooking up a storm. It is so nice coming home from the hospital with a fridge and freezer full of healthy food. She also took care of Calli while we were in the hospital.

Here is Nathaniel waiting for us to leave:


And we are off:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Nathaniel. We look forward to meeting you.

Unknown said...

oh kristina, he's so cute! looks like he's very alert!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Wow! That's quite a boy! He's really cute. I hope you didn't have too many newborn size clothes--he won't fit into them for very long. When you've recovered a bit, I'd like to talk to you about your experience. You know how midwives love to hear all the gory details about a birthing experience! Stan sends his congratulations, too, (but doesn't want to hear the gory details)!
All the best,
Diane