Monday, October 13, 2008

Work Baby Shower

The library threw me a surprise baby shower today. For some reason, I was oblivious to the setup happening right in the next room. I wasn't even suspicious of all the people showing up at the library around the same time. I honestly thought they were stopping by to ask about Christopher's marathon (and then disappearing in the back to talk to other people). I also wasn't even tipped off by the last minute collection development meeting that needed to happen at 1:45.

So, needless to say, I was speechless when I went in the back room (pen and paper in hand) not to find a meeting but a baby shower. Everyone said they could tell how surprised I was by the redness in my face.

I was touched by everyone's effort in pulling the shower together- they really did a nice job. I also thought it was nice that the shower was not only attended by library staff but other faculty in the college and the president and vice-president.

The best part was hearing everyone's stories on how they nearly slipped up. The winner goes to my colleague, Suzanne, who accidentally sent me the email she was sending to everyone titled "Surprise Baby Shower for Kristina" and then was able to get someone from IT to stop the email before it ever arrived in my in-box.

No comments: