Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Reason 1,325,423 why I love my wife...

Kristina is hugely supportive of my efforts to complete a marathon. In fact, I frequently remind her and tell others that I could not do this without her. Throughout the past 16 weeks of training, she has only missed two of my long runs (one for illness and the other weather). In the beginning, she provided support via her bicycle. Over the past 5 weeks, her pregnant belly has prevented her from riding her bike. Instead, she now drives and meets me at strategic points with water, towels, and words of encouragement. While she does do some walking, she has spent hours sitting around reading while waiting for me. After my long runs, she does stretches with me to make sure I do them all...I often cut corners on stretching. For a lady with a big, round belly, she's awfully flexible! :-)

Last Sunday when she told me she couldn't believe I had run 20 miles, I honestly felt that it wasn't that unbelievable because I've had her there to help me all the way!

Christopher

1 comment:

Amy said...

Awww! congrats on completing all of your training runs!! I'm sure you will have a great experience next weekend!!!