Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hello, this is Nathaniel Appelt

This morning while I was trying to get Nathaniel ready to head out for daycare, I noticed he only had five of his six precious fish.  I quickly realized he was missing yellow perch.  I asked him where yellow perch was, and he gave me several suggestions, but none of them panned out.  So, finally, I told him we'd have to look after we got back.

We headed upstairs to brush our teeth.  As soon as Nathaniel was done, he walked over to a shelf in his bedroom and grabbed the telephone his Aunt Stephanie gave him for Christmas.  He grabbed the handset and said, "Hello, this is Nathaniel Appelt."  After a brief pause he followed with, "we're looking for yellow perch."


Fortunately, just before we left, I grabbed my sandals and out popped yellow perch.  Problem solved!

Christopher

No comments: