Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tenure

I'm excited to report that I was awarded tenure last week!  Being awarded tenure aligned perfectly with my time to serve in the January battle in the War On Colds.  Unfortunately, the cold won.  Besides being miserable, I missed my surprise tenure party at work (which they decided to have without me- I sure hope everyone enjoyed the cake!) and a scheduled celebration with some colleagues for drinks after work on Friday. While everyone was having fun, I was sitting on the couch contemplating the cruelty of life while watching an obscene amount of movies on Netflix's Watch Instantly.  Note- About a Boy is a Really. Good. Movie. (and if you don't think it is, then you can blame my judgment on being sick).

It does feel good to work hard for something and then be acknowledged for the work you've done.  So, despite being sick I was ecstatic about the accomplishment.   Here is a picture of the cohort of colleagues I went through the tenure process with:


The college encouraged family to attend the board meeting.  I was happy I could share this moment with my family.

No comments: