Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just because...

I've always been a sucker for flowers.  I love their delicate nature, their scent, the softness of their petals, and their vast array of shapes, sizes, and colors.  The first tulips in spring can make me teary-eyed, and I have an immediate soft spot for any restaurant that has fresh flowers on the table.  If money was of no concern, I would always have a vase of fresh flowers in my home.

Therefore, I find it especially touching on the days when my husband shows up with flowers.  Most of the time he just picks them up at the grocery store- so it's not the expensiveness that's touching but instead the thoughtfulness and randomness of it that carries the meaning.  I feel loved knowing that despite being bogged down with errands, to-do lists and not enough time, he still stops to pick out the best flowers he can find to make me happy.

Today was one of those days...


No comments: