Monday, October 27, 2008

Never say never...

I often tend to follow up my "I never" statements with "well, I guess I should never say never." Mainly because I can easily think of a many times "I never" statements eventually turned out to be just the opposite. I still can't believe I was in the Army Reserves for 8 years! However, I really did think I would NEVER own a minivan.

When presented with the dilemma of two impractical cars for a growing family, we decided we would keep my car for commuting and trade in Christopher's truck. This decision had been especially hard for Christopher because he loves his truck. The truck has moved us many times and we couldn't have done half our home improvement projects without it. This new car would need to do everything: 1) have lots of flexible cargo space 2) easily seat over 5 people w/baby seat 3)transport a dog 4)get decent gas mileage 5)be within our budget and 6) be on the smaller size.

This list narrowed us down to a SUV or Minivan. Even though we talked about just looking at smaller SUVs, we were both doing minivan research on the side. When I stepped inside that first minivan (which is the one we got), I just knew we had found our answer. It was like it was designed by someone who had the exact list of requirements as me! I finally understood why people actually buy minivans.

Now this doesn't mean I can't believe I bought a minivan. I still look out our front window and think no way is that minivan mine. But, it is. So, I guess I can add another thing to my never say never list.

Here it is:



Christopher also took more pictures, which you can find at Flickr.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kristina, it's like I don't even know who you are any more! :P

Anonymous said...

Not the truck!!! I can't believe the truck is gone!

~Larissa

Anonymous said...

Though that does look like a sweet minivan!

Anonymous said...

Ok, that last comment was from me (Larissa). :)